Sunday, February 24, 2008

scary stuff.

No matter where you are in life, at some point you begin to get comfortable with your surroundings. The people, the place, and the culture. But sometimes comfort shieldes you from what is really going on around you.
So I have begun to go for walks by myself in the evenings, because its a way to decompres from the day. And I love it!! I go for walks with my friends, and its something else i really enjoy because its quality time with them. Last night i was supposed to go out with some friends after youth, but i wasnt feeling good so i went home. This morning i was chatting with one of my friends and he told me that when they went for a walk last night they were robbed, and when they tried to run the men started shooting at them. They tackled one of my friends, held him down on the ground and put a gun to his head. I have never been so thankful for being sick! But i am also sad that my friends had to go through this trauma. Please keep them in your prayers tonight, and throughout this next week. They are peruvians, and so they are having an even harder time than normal. This is their country, their culture, and their peers!!

Lesson learned: Dont walk alone!!!