Saturday, February 16, 2008

long time no ... writing (man i'm bad it this!!)


So many things are new and exciting in my life right now. At the top of the list would be my travels. Currently i am living in Lima, Peru for the next year of my life.
You know ... living in another country has always been a dream of mine. You can't imagine the feeling i get when i realize that i'm living my dream.


Do you ever get that? That moment in life where you are in the middle of something and then all of the sudden it hits you. " I am doing what i've always dreamt of"!! And maybe for others it's painting the piece of art they've had in their mind for years, or when writing a heartfelt song, or climbing mount everest. But for me it's when i'm sitting in a taxi, flying down a busy highway, cars honking, dogs running, smelling the scents of Lima (an odd mixture of smog, food, and culture) and i get this breathtaking realization - I'M REALLY TRULY LIVING!! And nothing in the world can compare to it. Nothing. I feel as though i should pinch myself somedays. It's almost too good to be true.